Re: Mode loaded twice with Local Variables

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: Mode loaded twice with Local Variables
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 15:53:11 +0200

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

>> Then open `test.foo'. The (message "File opened")  will be displayed
>> twice:
>>         - When set-auto-mode will be called (calling foo-mode),
>>         - When local variables are evaluated (again calling foo-mode).
>>
>>   I  don't expect that,  in particular,  I have  some LaTeX  file that
>>   contains  mode:   LaTeX,  but  some   questions  are  asked   in  my
>>   LaTeX-mode-hook, so they're asked twice.
>
> AFAIK, this is the behavior in Emacs 21 as well.  Does it create any
> real problem?  I don't think so.

    As I said: on the loading of some modes, I'm asking question and
  make more or less huge processing according to the answers.

    Having them made twice is a pain for me. And even if this behavior
  is the one of Emacs 21 too, it's still painful.

--
 |      Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac   |   All your base are belong to us.      |
 |         Epita/LRDE Promo 2007   |     You have no change to survive      |