Re: comint-insert-input on non-command lines: A trivial fix, a quibble,

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: comint-insert-input on non-command lines: A trivial fix, a quibble, and a bug
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 14:21:16 +1200

 > > I've installed a patch which includes Miles's.  I called his new function
 > > field-at-point rather than ield-at-pos for consistency with names like
 > > posn-at-point and to avoid confusion with the more general meaning of
 > > position.
 >
 > Please don't rename my functions without asking first.  I've restored
 > the proper name.
 >
 > [The function doesn't refer to point at all...]

Yes, you're right, posn-at-point should really be posn-at-pos.  You could
improve field-at-pos further by making the argument pos optional and defaulting
to point.  I won't do that because I can't be bothered to ask if its OK
to change `your' functions first although I assume we can all use them
without asking.