Re: Mode loaded twice with Local Variables

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Mode loaded twice with Local Variables
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 13:50:26 -0400

    How about this?  It seems simpler to me.

    Davis

I think this kind of change is ok for now.

    Is there some reason i-f isn't used?  Is it just to
    avoid errors for unfbound symbols?

We're going to call the function and get the error anyway.

                                        What if the major mode was itself an
    alias, or does that not happen?

It could, so the code should do indirect-function on both of them
and compare the results.