Re: Simplification to mouse-avoidance-mode (patch) + redisplay bug?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Simplification to mouse-avoidance-mode (patch) + redisplay bug?
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 23:46:08 -0400

    As soon as emacs gets the key event (event.type = 2), no further
    MotionNotify events are delivered for the remaining mouse positions
    along the path.

    This looks like an X bug.  This is the Xfree server from redhat 9.0.

It could be an X bug.  If so, we should report it, but getting it
fixed in the users' machines will take time.  So we want to install
a work-around if that isn't too hard.