Re: Num_Lock under solaris 5.8

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Num_Lock under solaris 5.8
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 15:57:36 +0200

Klaus Zeitler skrev:

xmodmap:  up to 2 keys per modifier, (keycodes in parentheses):

shift       Shift_L (0xe8),  Shift_R (0xec)
lock        Caps_Lock (0x4e)
control     Control_L (0xe7)
mod1        Meta_L (0xea)
mod2        Mode_switch (0xed)
mod3        Num_Lock (0x5a)
mod4        Alt_L (0xe9)
mod5        Super_R (0xee)

Well, then all I can suggest is you try to experiment with xmodmap. Do for example xmodmap -pk and you should see for the keypad keys
     79         0xff95 (KP_Home)        0xffb7 (KP_7)

You can try to change Num_Lock to some other Mod. A bit of research on the web indicates that there is indeed problems with X and Sun keyboards. Why it hasn't been fixed is beyond me.

        Jan D.