Re: bind faces?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: bind faces?
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 11:16:59 +0900

On 5/14/06, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
    Why exactly do you want to do this?

I thought I explained that. As an analogy to binding variables with `let'
and functions with `flet', we would bind faces. Why does anyone want to bind
variables and functions, as opposed to using `unwind-protect', assigning new
definitions, and restoring afterward?

"By analogy with" isn't a very compelling reason for a feature.  What
I'm asking is:  "What is a real-world problem where you would need
such a thing?"

My impression is that faces in general reflect a more permanent sort
of state, and that the idea of "binding" face definitions is a bit
alien to the way they are used.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.