Re: Problem report #18 PENDING

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Problem report #18 PENDING
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 13:20:02 +0200

Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:

  > Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
  > > "Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:
  > >
  > >   > The thing is that the code assumes menu descriptions first have panes
  > >   > and then items.  In that case save_wv will always be != NULL (the /*
  > >   > Create a new pane. */ branch).  I don't know if it is possible to give
  > >   > a description (in lisp) that only contains items.  Maybe it is.
  > >
> > Has anybody reached a conclusion about this issue? >
  > Richard installed a change in this code that fixed crashes people had
  > seen.  I guess it was related to this.  Anyway, the code now looks
  > different so I guess it is solved.  The code does an abort now if an
  > item is not in a pane.

Thanks. It seems that the report has changed too. Could you please
look it over just to make sure that it's not pointing to a different
issue?
How about #26 and #27? You said they are the same as #18, are they OK
now too? #19 is not reported anymore.

Yes, they are basically the same as 18, but with some different paths being true and false.
At conditional (8): "((0), (menu_items & -8))->contents[i] == Qt" taking false
path

1808          else if (EQ (XVECTOR (menu_items)->contents[i], Qt))
1809            {
1810              /* Create a new pane.  */
1811              Lisp_Object pane_name, prefix;
1812              char *pane_string;
1813
1814              panes_seen++;
1815

Ok, we are not taking this path, so panes_seen == 0.

1863              /* All items should be contained in panes.  */

At conditional (9): "panes_seen == 0" taking false path

1864              if (panes_seen == 0)
1865                abort ();
1866

And here suddenly it is assumed it is not 0. This can not happen. If panes_seen != 0 save_wv can not be NULL.

   Jan D.