Re: bind faces?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: bind faces?
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 13:49:38 -0400

> If I understand Stefan's point, it is that redisplay does not automatically
> occur just because you've made a face binding and changed some text
> properties.

Yes, Emacs does redisplay automatically, but not while executing Lisp.
Only when all execution is done and the control comes back to the toplevel.
So in my example, the redisplay takes place after the `let' is finished.

But even if you force redisplay within the `let', that doesn't mean that it
won't be done again later (maybe because you (de)iconify windows, ...).

In that case, would you want the subsequent auto-redisplay to take the
let-face into account or is it OK if it reverts the display to the default
definition of the face?

        Stefan