Problem report #53 -- real problem

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Problem report #53 -- real problem
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 19:30:03 -0400

    Is it right to assume that XINT (pos) is always >= BUF_BEGV (XBUFFER
(buffer)) ?
    If yes, then this problem report is FALSE.

This is a real problem.
Currently it IS possible to call text_property_stickiness
with a POS value that is before BEGV.

text_property_stickiness is called from get_pos_property,
which is called from find_field, which is called from
various user-level functions in editfns.c.

I made sure the other callers can't call it with a POS value before BEGV.
But this one case is hard, and I am not sure what is right to do here.
Miles, can you help?