Re: %-escapes in file URL

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: %-escapes in file URL
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 11:59:52 +0200

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu skrev:
In dnd-handle-one-url, %-escapes in the given file URL is decoded
immediately.  But I think that should be done when extracting the file
name from it (i.e., in dnd-get-local-file-name) in order to cope with
applications outside Emacs via browse-url.  On the other hand,
%-escapes are needed when constructing a file URL from a file name.

I see that the functions in browse-url does some %-escaping where so is needed. Would it not be better to keep it consistent, i.e. always give browse-url functions URL:s without %-escapes?

        Jan D.