Re: State argument of `parse-partial-sexp'

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: State argument of `parse-partial-sexp'
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 10:33:07 -0400

> Elisp manual and doc-string of `parse-partial-sexp' imply that the 8th
> and 9th element are not needed (can be omitted) in the state argument.
> I think they are needed.  Hence, I propose the following patches:

Good point.  While you're there, do in the manual as is done in the
docstring:
- don't specify the length of the state argument: just say it's the same as
  the return value.
- specify the ignored elements rather than the non-ignored ones.
  The list of ignored ones is much less likely to change.

        Stefan