Re: commands invoked by the mouse -> commands invoked from the menu bar

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: commands invoked by the mouse -> commands invoked from the menu bar
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 07:49:03 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
In that scenario, typing "F10 <down> <down> RET" will pop up the file
selection box, as if you clicked <menu-bar> <file> <open-file> with
the mouse, even though you never touched the mouse, while the docs
seems to imply that only mouse gestures cause file selector to be
popped.

Lennart, am I right in this interpretation of the situation you were
talking about when you started this thread?

Yes, you are right. (Though I myself instead use "ALT" to activate the menus.)