Re: CVS emacs bootstrap problem: cannot open encoded-kb

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: CVS emacs bootstrap problem: cannot open encoded-kb
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 08:36:14 -0700

    Steven> I was trying to bootstrap emacs on cygwin using gcc, and
    Steven> everything looked okay until make did autoloads in lisp
    Steven> directory, and the error message was cannot open
    Steven> encoded-kb.  I'd found some suggestions like using
    Steven> buildlisppath=...  and it didn't work.  However, it seems
    Steven> like the problem has been addressed.  What am I missing
    Steven> here?

    Steven> steve

I don't want to discourage you, but I've never been able to get
further than you have, and I've tried many times.

A rather depressing diary of my many failures can be found here:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/BuildingCvsWThirtyTwoCygwin

Note that if you _really_ want to build Emacs on Windows using Free
software, it can be done; you just have to throw MinGW into the mix,
along with Cygwin:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/BuildingCvsWThirtyTwoMingw
--
A DRE voting system is one of the simplest computer
applications you could imagine.  It just adds by one.