Re: dirtrack-toggle () vs. shell-dirtrack-mode (&optional arg)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: dirtrack-toggle () vs. shell-dirtrack-mode (&optional arg)
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 13:46:36 -0400

> After this:
> 2006-05-17  Stefan Monnier  <address@hidden>

>        * shell.el (shell-dirtrack-mode): Make it into a proper minor mode, so
>        we can explicitly enable/disable rather than toggle.

> `dirtrack-toggle' is an alias to
>   shell-dirtrack-mode (&optional arg)
> in shell.el, and a function
>   dirtrack-toggle ()
> in dirtrack.el. Harmless, but it does generate a warning when compiling:

Hmm... so there were two definitions which happened to have the same number
of arguments so the byte-compiler never complained whereas now that the two
defs have different number of args the compiler complains.

I think the problem is that we have two definitions.  I suggest we remove
the dirtrack-toggle alias in shell.el.  This function has plenty of other
aliases already.

        Stefan