RE: doc of defining minor modes

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: doc of defining minor modes
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 11:10:15 -0700

    > What's unpredicable? Can someone please provide a concrete
    > example of the problem? I'm not getting it. The doc and
    > comments made here so far constitute only vague warnings
    > - what is the problem?

    That a minor mode might just get turned on without the user wanting
    it.  Possibly because the user did something as simple as browsing
    customization groups.

Can you please explain how that would happen? How can a minor-mode get
turned on if the mode variable already has a value?

If it does not already have a value when the library is loaded, then the
library can set the (default) value to on or off, as appropriate. If on is
inappropriate for some particular library for some reason, then its
:init-value should be nil.

Please provide a specific scenario of the problem you see - I'm not getting
this.