Re: ifinfo vs ifnottex

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: ifinfo vs ifnottex
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 12:40:19 +0300

> Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 15:29:30 -0500
> From: address@hidden (Karl Berry)
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
>     I'm not sure: DocBook is a format for printed books, so perhaps it
>     should be treated as TeX.  Karl, could you please advise?
>
> What's the question?

Sorry, I thought that was clear.  Here's the missing info: In the
Emacs manuals there are portions conditioned on @ifinfo, and we want
to change that so that _all_ on-line formats pick up those portions.
The question is, should DocBook output be treated as Info, HTML, and
XML (in which case @ifinfo should be replaced by @ifnottex), or should
DocBook be treated as printed output similar to TeX, in which case the
conditions should be such that TeX and DocBook pick up the same text.

TIA