Re: Windows Printing

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Windows Printing
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 14:26:29 +0300

> Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:59:47 +0100
> From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
> CC: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>,
>  address@hidden
>
> Without having read the entire thread, I suspect that the problem is
> that some cheap printers these days do not support printing plain text.

I did read the entire thread at the time, and I don't think the lack
of support for plain text was the reason.  The reason was, IIRC, that
the Emacs code that detects the default printer and sets printer-name
somehow failed to produce the right value.

Lennart, is that true, or did my memory fail me (again)?

> We could perhaps mention that in the manual.

What would we suggest as work-arounds for such situations?