Re: Windows Printing

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Windows Printing
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 15:24:32 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
I did read the entire thread at the time, and I don't think the lack
of support for plain text was the reason.  The reason was, IIRC, that
the Emacs code that detects the default printer and sets printer-name
somehow failed to produce the right value.

Lennart, is that true, or did my memory fail me (again)?
A little bit I am afraid, but I think my memory is a bit fading too. There were two problems I think. The one you mention above and the problem that the printer is not reset when accessed the way Emacs does it. However we did not agree on the second point.

I do not think there is time to change the second failure now, but it would be good if we could come to some consensus here. Please try to convince me (with some relevant links for example)!