Re: M-g in dired

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: M-g in dired
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 05:07:59 +0900

David Hansen <address@hidden> writes:
>> This binding is a leftover from a time when M-g had a different global
>> meaning.  We should get rid of this binding, and move the command to
>> another key.
>
> BTW gnus uses M-g too in summary and group buffers.

This was discussed at the time Emacs adopted the M-g prefix, and I think
the conclusion was that it's not a big deal -- though it's too ingrained /
important a binding to change in Gnus, people are not that likely to want
to use the M-g prefix while reading news/mail.

-Miles
--
.Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.