Re: CVS Emacs cygwin build problem.

From: Steven Wu
Subject: Re: CVS Emacs cygwin build problem.
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 01:09:44 -0700

On May 20, 2006, at 12:45 AM, Jason Rumney wrote:

"Steven Wu" <address@hidden> writes:

I guess the advantage of my approach is that we don't need anything
else. Cygwin make.exe builds the Emacs fine, except for that little
thing. A simple condition can fix all the problems related to this.

That "simple condition" is an ugly hack that most likely breaks the
build for other versions of make.

it doesn't have to. Simply check the existence of CYGWIN environment variable, and if it is set,

ifdef CYGWIN
lisp = $(shell cygpath -m $(CURDIR))
else
lisp = $(CURDIR)
endif

See this is need only in the makefile.w32-in. For those who compile window native Emacs using cygwin utils, this change can only help them, and it won't affect minGW. For those compile Emacs under cygwin, they don't use makefile.w32-in. I don't see what other system will be affected except maybe nmake.