Re: query-replace in isearch (was Re: should search ring contain duplica

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: query-replace in isearch (was Re: should search ring contain duplicates?)
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 20:55:19 -0400

    2. to change the argument KEEP-ALL to DONT-KEEP so that if DONT-KEEP
       is t, then read-from-minibuffer doesn't add a new element to the
       history list, and the calling code can add it by the explicit call
       of add-to-history (with any necessary arguments including the value t
       for KEEP-ALL argument of add-to-history).

Since we already decided to get rid of the KEEP-ALL argument,
I think that is the cleanest way.  It would require changing
the Lisp manual and etc/NEWS.

Would you like to do it?