Re: Semi-unhelpful error message given when trying to (provide 'CUA-mode

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Semi-unhelpful error message given when trying to (provide 'CUA-mode)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 14:47:39 +0200

martin rudalics wrote:
Thanks, then I understand a little bit better why my cries for reserving the ALT key for the menus on w32 have fallen unheard here. However on w32 that is very important. Too bad those things are not cross-OS. Does anyone knows if there is something in the accessibility guidelines that says something about this?

Does (setq w32-pass-alt-to-system t) not do that for you?
Thanks Martin, it does. That is not the problem. I use a slightly patched version of Emacs where this works very good (with the windows keys as META instead).

I am just trying to see what can be done to enhance "cross-platform usability". Since w32 still is the by far most common platform for the users I believe we should think of how to avoid making it a burdon switching from that platform to GNU/Linux.