Re: Semi-unhelpful error message given when trying to (provide 'CUA-mode

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Semi-unhelpful error message given when trying to (provide 'CUA-mode)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 15:30:13 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
I am just trying to see what can be done to enhance "cross-platform
usability". Since w32 still is the by far most common platform for
the users I believe we should think of how to avoid making it a
burdon switching from that platform to GNU/Linux.

If the conventions on GNU/Linux are different, it is not the business
of Emacs to emulate Windows.
That is maybe true, but I am not sure. Maybe I was unclear. Emacs is not my only concern. Here I wrote also about GNU/Linux.