Re: Semi-unhelpful error message given when trying to (provide 'CUA-mode

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Semi-unhelpful error message given when trying to (provide 'CUA-mode)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 15:43:17 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
Alt popping up menus makes it a burden using Emacs.  I don't see it as
Emacs' task to help people shoot themselves in the foot on GNU/Linux
because they are accustomed to the pain elsewhere.
That depends. I have Alt activating the menus but that is absolutely no burden since Alt is not META in my case. (I use the windows keys for META.)

For me it is exactly the reverse. I often access some menu functions from the keyboard regardless of the app (like maximizing, minimizing etc). If Alt is META that is a problem for me.

But it is in no way a personal issue. The main problem here is how to attract users.