Re: Semi-unhelpful error message given when trying to (provide 'CUA-mode

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Semi-unhelpful error message given when trying to (provide 'CUA-mode)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 15:58:32 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
Hm. What is your goal then?

Improve Emacs.  If it attracts more users as a consequence, that's not
harmful in itself, but it is a sideeffect.  Making Emacs less usable
for some purported shortterm increase in user numbers is a dead end.
I see. There is nothing wrong with your goal in my opinion, but the challenge in my opinion is trying to do both things. Maybe that is in line with your long term goals too?