Re: Tooltips and menus

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Tooltips and menus
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 17:17:31 +0200

>     Apparently not.  This is why most applications, as far as I can tell,
>     avoid using tooltips in menu entries.
>
> Should Emacs do that too?

I am using Emacs with GTK (though I don't think the toolkit makes much
of a difference) and I find the tooltips on menu entries not
disruptive (they do a pretty good job at disappearing).  I don't use
the menus very much though, probably like most advanced users.  The
tooltips help keeping the menu entries themselves concise and thus
recognizable.

I'd vote to keep them.