Re: Semi-unhelpful error message given when trying to (provide 'CUA-mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Semi-unhelpful error message given when trying to (provide 'CUA-mode)
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 16:37:04 -0400

    >     I have a patch for the X11 versions of Emacs that activates the
menubar when
    >     F10 is pressed.
    >
    > Once you do that, how do you select a menu item from the menu?
    > Is there a way to do that with the keyboard?  Or must the user switch
    > to the mouse for that?

    You use arrow keys to navigate the menu and enter/return to select an item.
Using the keyboard is the right thing.

Some X toolkits have conventions for using the keyboard to activate
menus and menu items.  I am not sure what they are; do you know?
To what extent do they work with Emacs?  Is your patch coherent
with them?  Could it be?