Re: Tooltips and menus

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Tooltips and menus
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 19:53:37 -0500 (CDT)

Richard Stallman wrote:

       Apparently not.  This is why most applications, as far as I can tell,
       avoid using tooltips in menu entries.

   Should Emacs do that too?

I do not know what you are _exactly_ suggesting.  I definitely believe
it would be bad to display no help text whatsoever.  Rather than not
displaying it at all, the text can always be displayed in the minibuffer,
as is already the case right now if you customize certain variables.

Sincerely,

Luc.