Re: Tumme menu in Dired, what to do about it?

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Tumme menu in Dired, what to do about it?
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:32:32 +0200

Please get rid of "to marked files" or "from marked files"
on all the menu items.  Those words are wasteful.

Done.

However, every menu item that reads more input (such as confirmation,
which all Dired commands that operate on marked files ask for)
should have "..." at the end.

Done.

Every word in menu item name should be capitalized.  Always.

Even words like "in", "of" and "at"? I noticed some other menu items
where those words were not capitalized, and there are also "normal"
words that are not capitalized.

I suggest replacing "Tag" with "Image Tag".  Without that,
it is not clear what this is about.

Done.

+     '(menu-item "Find and mark files with a certain tag"

That is painfully long.  Use "Mark Images From Tags".

I changed it to Mark From Image Tags.

That is painfully long.  Use "Display Image Externally".

Done.

Meanwhile, please give each menu item a help-echo string which
explains better.  We decided that we do want them, except for items
that lead to submenus.

Oh? Then I misunderstood the outcome of that discussion. I will add
help-echo strings.