Re: Tumme menu in Dired, what to do about it?

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Tumme menu in Dired, what to do about it?
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:57:52 +0200

I can't find the start of this thread but "Immediate" generally (but not always)
does something to the file on the line point is.

It started a while ago when I asked where to put the old Tumme menu
items that was previously added by `tumme-setup-dired-bindings' (this
function still exists but should probably be removed later).

Richard replied:

There is no room for an additional menu bar menu in Dired mode
on a text terminal.  The menu bar is nearly full already.

Putting it in as a submenu of some existing Dired menu would be ok.
Perhaps "Immediate".

So I created the sub menu there.

Shouldn't this item be under "Regexp"?
And this one (and others) under "Operate"?

Probably, in one sense. But do we really want to mess with these
"standard" or "old" Dired menus? If there were a "Dired tools" menu,
tumme would fit well as a sub menu under that one.

The other items under "Operate" are bound to upper case letters.

How about (I = image):

tumme-tag-remove       C-t r  ->   I r
tumme-tag-files        C-t t  ->   I t
tumme-display-thumbs   C-t d  ->   I d

`I' is already bound to `dired-info' in Dired.

Assuming tumme-tag-remove deletes tags, tumme-tag-delete sounds better.

I trust your judgement on this one (my English skills are not good enough).

tumme-tag-files works on just one file.

No, it works on any number of marked files.