Re: Semi-unhelpful error message given when trying to (provide 'CUA-mode

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Semi-unhelpful error message given when trying to (provide 'CUA-mode)
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 15:29:53 +0200

Probably the best way to handle this then is for the Windows menu code
to replace _ in menu item text with &, and for mac, tmm and
non-toolkit X menu code to strip out the _ (or build the code in to
handle it). Then we can go through our menus and add _'s as
appropriate.

Menus are often consed together from various modules.  I don't think
that this would work reliably.  I think it would be better when the
abbreviations would be chosen automatically in most cases.  Even
though it might make sense if the automatisms would try to obey
suggestions where possible.

Case in point is the buffers menu. If you happen to have a buffer with an underscore in the name, it wouldn't be correct when making the menu entry.

        Jan D.