Re: comint-insert-input on non-command lines:

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: comint-insert-input on non-command lines:
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 15:41:51 +1200

 > Here are finally my proposed code and doc changes.  The code change
 > removes the misleading mouse-face and mouse-2 help-echo over old input
 > when `comint-use-prompt-regexp' is non-nil, because mouse-2 just yanks
 > as usual in that case.  The change to shell.el is minor: it just makes
 > the shell-mode docstring use shell-mode-map, even if `C-h f
 > shell-mode' was not done from a shell buffer.

The change to comint.el looks good to me.

 >   @item Mouse-2
 > ! Copy the old input command that you click on, inserting the copy at the end
 > ! of the buffer (@code{comint-insert-input}).  This command only works if
 > ! @code{comint-use-prompt-regexp} is @code{nil} (the default).
 > ! If @code{comint-use-prompt-regexp} is address@hidden or if point is
 > ! not over old input, @kbd{Mouse-2} just yanks as usual.

How about

 If @code{comint-use-prompt-regexp} is @code{nil} (the default), copy the old
 input command that you click on, inserting the copy at the end of the buffer
 (@code{comint-insert-input}).  If @code{comint-use-prompt-regexp} is
 address@hidden, or if point is not over old input, just yank as usual.