Re: uniquify-buffer-name-style

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: uniquify-buffer-name-style
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 17:28:59 -0400

It seems to me that adding a simple hook (abnormal) for
Fcreate_file_buffer and Frename_buffer to call could make it possible
to eliminate that defadvice, and then it would be easy to fix this
bug.

It could be tricky figuring out the right calling conventions for the
hook functions so that a single hook could do for both
Fcreate_file_buffer and Frename_buffer, and still be simple.

If we don't do this, we can document the problem, but the text you
wrote is terribly ambiguous.  In fact, I am not sure what it means.

Do you mean that:

    If you set the variable directly before uniquify is loaded,
    it won't have any effect.

Or do you mean that:

    If you set this variable when uniquify is already loaded,
    it won't have any effect unless you reload uniquify.