Re: delete-process bug

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: delete-process bug
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 14:11:23 +0200

address@hidden (Michaël Cadilhac) writes:

> It seems  that the  guard we  put (#ifdef SIGCHLD)  was not  the right
> thing to do, isn't it ?

I promised Eli to shut up, but it once again occurred to me that the
sigchld_handler is only called _IF_ SIGCHLD is defined.

That's true even on MS-Windows (which does define SIGCHLD), although
it uses an indirect method to call the signal handler (see w32proc.c).

Since the sigchld_handler is only installed if SIGCHLD is defined,
it will only ever be called (to cleanup deleted_pid_list) if
SIGCHLD is defined.

So it still seems wrong to put anything on deleted_pid_list unless
SIGCHLD is defined ...

And sigchld_handler should be conditioned by #ifdef SIGCHLD.

Sorry that I'm going round in circles (perhaps my brain in an infinite loop :-)