Re: comint-insert-input on non-command lines:

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: comint-insert-input on non-command lines:
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 22:14:08 -0500 (CDT)

I plan to install the patches I sent earlier if there are no further
objections or suggestions.  I changed the patch to misc.text to incorporate
Nick's suggestions:

===File ~/misc.texi-diff-b==================================
*** misc.texi   17 May 2006 23:42:26 -0500      1.85
--- misc.texi   30 May 2006 22:01:16 -0500
***************
*** 873,889 ****
  Move point to the following prompt (@code{comint-next-prompt}).

  @kindex C-c RET @r{(Shell mode)}
! @findex comint-insert-input
  @item C-c @key{RET}
  Copy the input command which point is in, inserting the copy at the end
! of the buffer (@code{comint-insert-input}).  This is useful if you
  move point back to a previous command.  After you copy the command, you
  can submit the copy as input with @key{RET}.  If you wish, you can
! edit the copy before resubmitting it.

  @item Mouse-2
! Copy the input command that you click on, inserting the copy at the end
! of the buffer.
  @end table

    Moving to a previous input and then copying it with @kbd{C-c
--- 873,893 ----

! @findex comint-copy-old-input
! of the buffer (@code{comint-copy-old-input}).  This is useful if you
  move point back to a previous command.  After you copy the command, you
  can submit the copy as input with @key{RET}.  If you wish, you can
! edit the copy before resubmitting it.  If you use this command on an
! output line, it copies that line to the end of the buffer.

  @item Mouse-2
! If @code{comint-use-prompt-regexp} is @code{nil} (the default), copy
! the old input command that you click on, inserting the copy at the end
! of the buffer (@code{comint-insert-input}).  If
! @code{comint-use-prompt-regexp} is address@hidden, or if the click is
! not over old input, just yank as usual.