it looks like make --win32 doesn't solve the problem.

From: Steven Wu
Subject: it looks like make --win32 doesn't solve the problem.
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 00:28:06 -0700

When using the --win32 flag, cygwin make uses cmd as makeshell, and that causes other problems. I am not sure if there is a way without changes in the makefile.w32.in, the build problems will be solved using cygwin utilities to build window native Emacs. I'll try some other tricks later, however, since I'll be on business trip for the next two weeks, I won't be able to get back to it before that.

steve