Re: Menus

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Menus
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:30:52 +0200

Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

> Luc Teirlinck skrev:
>>    What should F10 do when menu-bar-mode is nil? After this change it
>>    does nothing (it used to run tmm-menubar).
>>
>> I believe that it should run tmm-menubar in this situation, as it
>> used to do.
>
> Another alternative would be to enable menu bar mode and then start
> navigation.

At best temporarily: if the user chooses to save the frame real estate
for a menu bar, we should not defeat him.  I don't know how feasible
it is to blend in a menu bar temporarily: Emacs should not recenter or
get confused in case the menu bar shows over the current cursor or
exceeds a window or frame below it.  Also there is the possibility for
an iconized Emacs getting an F10 event (do we cater for that already?
I should CVS update again).