Re: cygwn 5.19 with X-win bootstrap

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: cygwn 5.19 with X-win bootstrap
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 12:27:28 +0300

> Cc: <address@hidden>
> From: "djh" <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 18:03:27 +0900
>
> 1062      uninterrupt_malloc ();
> (gdb)

> 0x610ad945 in pthread_mutexattr_init () from /usr/bin/cygwin1.dll
> (gdb)
> Single stepping until exit from function pthread_mutexattr_init,
> which has no line number information.
> 0x7c94eaf0 in ?? () from ntdll.dll
> (gdb)
> Cannot find bounds of current function

So it crashes inside pthread_mutexattr_init, which is called from
within uninterrupt_malloc.  Just to be sure, perhaps step into
uninterrupt_malloc and see whether my conclusion is correct, and which
of the two calls to pthread_mutexattr_init crashes.

If my conclusion is right, I think you need to take this up with
Cygwin maintainers.  Perhaps, if you show them the code in
uninterrupt_malloc that calls pthread functions, they will be able to
figure out the problem.

Thanks for looking into this.