Re: Refcard files

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Refcard files
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 11:59:40 -0400

    People are committing changes to the various *-refcard.tex files, but
    the corresponding *.ps files are not regenerated.  Since reading the
    PostScript files requires the knowledge of the language in which it
    was written, and since (AFAIK) producing some .ps files needs a
    special setup of TeX and dvips, I think people who modify the TeX
    sources should also take care of regenerating and committing the
    PostScript files.

Can we determine which .ps files need to be specially prepared?

Then let's set up a makefile which will update those that can be
updated normally, and having comments identifying those .ps files that
cannot be updated normally.