Re: PURESIZE increased (again)

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: PURESIZE increased (again)
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 14:04:23 +0200

On Sat, Jun 10 2006, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> So it's not the OS and not GCC.  What else can possibly affect this?
>> Would a list of installed packages from Reiner help get a clue?
>
> I don't see how that can have any influence.  The only hook that can
> increase the amount of preloaded libraries is site-load.el, but then you
> are supposed to define SITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA appropriately.

I don't have a `site-load.el' file in my source and build directories:

$ find . -name 'site-*'
$

I only have the one from the distribution and some `site-load.el' in
XEmacs directories:

$ rpm -qf /usr/share/emacs/21.3/lisp/site-load.el
emacs-21.3-193.4

Here are the compiler versions:

$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3.4 (pre 3.3.5 20040809)
[...]
$ cat /etc/SuSE-release
SuSE Linux 9.2 (i586)
VERSION = 9.2

I forgot to mention that the i586 machine is a two processor machine,
but that makes no difference: I get an overflow on a single processor
machine as well (SuSE 9.2).

$ cat /etc/SuSE-release
SUSE LINUX 10.0 (i586) OSS
VERSION = 10.0
$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.0.2 20050901 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)