Re: address@hidden: vertical-motion fails when tab in line]

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: address@hidden: vertical-motion fails when tab in line]
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:34:15 -0400

>> One solution is to reset it->continuation lines_width to zero in
>> reseat_at_previous_visible_line_start (and probably
>> reseat_at_next_visible_line_start too.)  This seems like the proper
>> fix, but I'd like to get some confirmation from people more familiar
>> with redisplay:
>
> More generally, we could set it->continuation_lines_width = 0 in
> back_to_previous_line_start and forward_to_next_line_start (if we find
> a newline).

I've checked in a patch that resets continuation_lines_width in
back_to_previous_visible_line_start, which is the same thing.  After
looking at forward_to_next_line_start, I think it does not need
updating, since moving forward and moving backward is apparently
handled asymmetrically.  Those functions that call
reseat_at_next_visible_line_start already reset
continuation_lines_width if necessary.

The bug should now be fixed.