Re: [OT] Netiquette

From: Alastair Houghton
Subject: Re: [OT] Netiquette
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 16:31:03 +0100

On 14 Jun 2006, at 13:04, David Kastrup wrote:

Anyway, to be clear, I'm really not interested in debating this

Well, you started it to begin with.

No, I didn't.

Yes, you did,

I most certainly did not. All *I* did was complain that I didn't like your remark; I didn't invite and don't care for a discussion on the subject.

I suggest that you drop your diatribe which nobody will miss and
instead try concentrating on the technical merits and issues of your
patch.

Which is what I'd been saying from the beginning (though let's be clear: it isn't *my* diatribe; all I did was complain that I found your reply cheeky, and I even made clear that I realised it might not have been deliberate... all the subsequent pointless argument has been started and perpetuated by gnu.org people.)

At this point I'm thoroughly fed-up, so:

1. I won't be contributing to Emacs in future. Instead, I'll either keep my changes to myself or I'll go back to XEmacs.

2. If I see *any* further email on this topic, I will withdraw my current patch and won't be signing any copyright assignment forms. E- mail about the patch itself is, of course, fine.

Alastair.

--
http://www.alastairs-place.net