Re: Intlfonts

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Intlfonts
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:38:23 +0300

> From: Kenichi Handa <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 10:10:30 +0900
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> > Will there be a new Intlfonts release before the next Emacs release?
> > (I looked for a development version but couldn't find any.)
> > Or are there any other fonts than Intlfonts that should be recommended
> > here in the documentation?
>
> There's Unicode fonts generated by gathering glyphs in fonts
> of intlfonts:
>     ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/fonts/etl-unicode.tar.gz
> I think it's worth mentioning it in the documentation.

They are already mentioned in INSTALL:

    BDF fonts etl-unicode.tar.gz used by ps-print and ps-mule to print
    Unicode characters are available from <URL:ftp://ftp.x.org/contrib/fonts/>
    and <URL:ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/mirror/X.Org/contrib/fonts/>.

But this text makes it sound like etl-unicode.tar.gz is only for
ps-print.  Should we change it to say that they are also useful for
display?