Re: doc string for face-attribute-relative-p doesn't help

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: doc string for face-attribute-relative-p doesn't help
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:12:57 +0900

"John S. Yates, Jr." <address@hidden> writes:
> Backing off and focusing only on terminology for describing
> definitions, I find "in terms of", "as a function of" or "based
> on" all easier to swallow than "defined relative to".

The key point is whether the value in question acts as an absolute
setting, or whether it acts as a modifier (including the "null modifier"
`unspecified') for the (absolute) value in an underlying face.

[I probably use the term "relative" to contrast with "absolute" out of
habit, from typical usage when describing filenames.]

-Miles

--
My spirit felt washed.  With blood.  [Eli Shin, on "The Passion of the Christ"]