Re: Patch to remove minor modes in tutorial

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Patch to remove minor modes in tutorial
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:07:56 +0200

In general, there is a problem with the tutorial and minor-modes:

Maybe it be better to simply issue a warning at the start of the
tutorial if "affecting" minor modes are enabled -- something like
this:

 NOTE:  This instance of Emacs has local customizations which may
 cause some instructions in the tutorial to fail.  If that happens,
 review the local customizations in the file ~/.emacs.

I like this idea.  It seems we can never protect the user from all
problems in this area so the best thing is to inform him about that.