Re: address@hidden: mouse-autoselect-window needs a delay]

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: address@hidden: mouse-autoselect-window needs a delay]
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:37:26 +0200

> We can.  But while we wait for someone else to check the files of the
> Lisp manual, why shouldn't someone else fix this?

There are (at least) two questions that should be cleared before:

1. Suppose I have two windows - SW is the selected one and UW the
unselected one.  I move the mouse to the menubar as described in Simon's
original scenario.  UW should not be selected here.  However, I then
change my mind and move the mouse to UW.  I suppose that UW should be
selected now - agreed?  (It's important to clear this since the current
autoselect mechanism triggers iff the mouse moves from the selected
window to an unselected one.)

2. Currently `mouse-leave-buffer-hook' is not run when autoselecting
a window.  I believe this is a bug that should be resolved - agreed?