Re: locals.texi

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: locals.texi
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:57:26 -0400

    In gdb-ui.el (as in many other files, I often just copy current practice), I
    have constructs like

      (set (make-local-variable 'font-lock-defaults)
           '(gdb-memory-font-lock-keywords))

1. It is always cleaner to use separate calls to make-local-variable
   and setq.

2. When the variable is automatically local, it is ok to
   delete the call to make-local-variable.  A major mode
   normally doesn't set any variable that isn't local.