Re: Reverting *Locate* buffers.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Reverting *Locate* buffers.
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 20:55:29 -0500 (CDT)

Michael Albinus wrote:

   When Tramp is preloaded (require 'tramp), your patch works fine

Not quite.  If you use your suggested version of the patch, then do
`emacs -q', then load tramp, then set locate-update-when-revert to t,
then do `M-x locate' RET emacs, then do `C-x 1' to have the *Locate*
buffer filling the entire frame, then run g, answer yes and give your
password, then instead of having one updated *Locate* buffer filling
the entire frame, the frame gets split into two windows, each showing
the same updated *Locate* buffer.  I find this quite surprising.  Is
this explainable by anything that Tramp does?  This bug is
inconvenient enough that I would rather stick with my original version
without David's suggestion if there would be no easy way around it.

This bug does not occur if locate-update-when-revert is nil.

Sincerely,

Luc.