Re: Patch to remove minor modes in tutorial

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Patch to remove minor modes in tutorial
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 07:06:54 -0400

    We could recommend to start a session with emacs -q if one suspects
    stuff in the tutorial to fail because of customizations.

We could, but Kim is right in point out that this isn't really useful.
The tutorial exists for using Emacs, not vice versa.
Making the tutorial "work right" in teaching standard Emacs
won't enable the user to use his non-standard Emacs.