Re: lispref/text.texi

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: lispref/text.texi
Date: 02 Jul 2006 07:55:45 -0400

Andreas Roehler <address@hidden> writes:

> "Keep in mind that point is always between two
> characters, and the cursor appears on the character
> after point."
>
> Given the group of users indicated, I fear a certian
> danger of distraction and/or confusion from it.

if we drop this, we will see more questions than now;
more confusion arises from forgetting this detail,
which properly can be considered as relating to the
design of emacs, not just its implementation.

anyway, the "group of users indicated" is people who
wish to program emacs using emacs lisp, for which even
a small bit of implementation detail can sometimes be
considered as design detail.  (they are more likely to
blur the line, being programmers, and thus Confused By
Choice.)

i will look at text.texi this week, as well, starting
from the end and working backwards (but "accumulating"
forwards :-).

thi